Christmas Holidays – 26th to 30th December 2022
Enjoy the atmosphere of Christmas at the Château du Lude
In the reception rooms, dive into the magical atmosphere of Christmas, with the soft lights and the enchanting decors. The children discover the castle disguised as knights or princesses.
In the entrance hall, the grand staircase drives you to the 3 floorsnewly open to public. There, plunge in the daily lif of olden times, with the hunting room, the chapel, the guests’ room, and alos more uncommon places such as the linen room and the staff’s room.
In the garden, some peacefull walks run along the tree-lined driveways and the Loir River where the swans and the wild birds swim.
The children have fun in the mazes, the moats, and the underground tunnel with their magnificent voulted room. In the commons, discover the stabbles, the saddlery and the coaches, where the all familly can take a picture in the coach of the Duke of Daillon.
Wednesday 28th December : Christmas event
Chitsmas balls hunt :
In the frenzy of preparation of Christmas, Santa’s elves have lost some Christmas decorations in the maze! The children are asked to help the elves to find them. in gratitude, they recieve chocolates.
After a walk and the game in the gardens, everybody come to warm up in the old kitchen, next to the wooden stove. Hot drinks and pancakes wait children and adults.
- Christmas balls hunt in continue from 2.30 pm to 6.30 pm. No reservationneeded. Included in the entrance ticket.
- Christmas snack, in continue from 2 pm to 7.30 pm. Drinks and pancakes for sale on site.
- Gardens and shop: 2pm – 6pm
- House : 2.30pm – 5.30pm in self-guided tour with pannels (last entrance at 5pm)
- House & gardens : adults 11€ / children 6€
- Gardens only : adults 7€ / children 4€
OTHER INFORMATIONS :
- House and gardens reachable to disabled persons (exept upstairs rooms)
- Onleached dogs allowed in the gardens.
- Pushchairs not allowed in the house.