European Heritage Days- 17th&18th September 2022
Travel back in time and discover life in Le Lude in the Renaissance period
During the week-end, the town of Le Lude goes back in time at the Renaissance period. In the bedecked streats, the show is provided by the acrobats, minstrels and other troubadours: theater, magic show, falconry, junggling, danse, music, arts and crafts.
At the castle, the visitors are welcomed by people from this ancient time, who guide them in this fabulous monument whose some decorations are datedback to the 16th Century: entrance hall, pomychrom wooden ceilings, painting cabinet, Italian style facade.
In the medieval kitchen, the wooden stoves are lit to cook traditional home made jams with rhubarb, apricot and plum from the kitchen garde. Once cooked and put in jars, the jams can be tasted on delicious creps.
In the park, enjoy the various atmospheres of the different gardens: the rose garden and its Chinese species, the French garden along the Loir river, the shaded spring garden, and above all the kitchen garden, exceptionnaly open to public during those days.
Saturday 17th :
- 5.30 pm : acrobatic fencing show on the terrasse
- 9.30 pm : Renaissance music and juggling
- 10 pm : pyrotechnic juggling
Sunday 18th :
- 10.30 am : starting of the great parade in costumes
- Gardens and shows: 10am – 6pm
- House (self guided tour with notice information) : 10am – 1pm / 2pm – 6.30pm (last acces 30 min. before the closure)
Single rate : adult 11€ /free -18 years old
- House and gardens reachable for desable people (except the 3 floors of the tower, the kitchen and the granary)
- On leached dogs allowed in the park
- Strollers allowed only in the park
- Parking in town (Place du Mail). Traffic prohibited int the city-center.